The Town of Varnville will hold a Special Election on Tuesday, September 14, 2021, to fill one (1) vacancy on the Varnville Town Council. In-town residents are reminded that the deadline to register to vote is approaching. If you have not registered to vote, please register. If you are already registered, please make sure your voter registration information is current. If you have moved within the county or changed your name recently, it will help ensure a smoother voting process for you and your neighbors by updating your information prior to election day.
If you have moved from one county to another, you must register in your new county by the deadline to be eligible to vote.
To register or update voter registration information:
- Register in person by August 13, 2021, 5:00 p.m., at the County Voter Registration and Elections Office. You may also register during normal business hours at designated “Motor-Voter” sites, including the DMV, DSS and other state and federal public service agencies.
- Register online by August 15, 2021, 11:59 p.m. Register at https://www.scvotes.gov. Online registration requires a S.C. Driver’s License or DMV ID.
- Download a voter registration application from https://www.scvotes.gov. Complete application and return it to the County Voter Registration and Elections Office by fax or email attachment by August 15, 2021, 11:59 p.m., or register by mail, with application postmarked by August 16, 2021.
- In-Person absentee voting begins at the Voter Registration and Elections Office on August 16, 2021, at 8:00 a.m. The deadline to vote in-person at the office is September 13, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. Photo ID is required.
- Request application for absentee ballot by mail now. The deadline to return application for absentee ballot to the Voter Registration and Elections Office is September 10, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. Absentee ballots by mail must be returned to the Voter Registration and Elections Office by 7:00 p.m. on election day.
For more information, please contact the County Board of Voter Registration and Elections located in the B.T. Deloach Building, 201 Jackson Avenue West, Hampton, S.C. Telephone: (803) 914-2080. Fax: (803) 914-2083 Email: Vote.Hampton@elections.sc.gov